Ezra Miller agrees to plead guilty in Vermont robbery case

Share

Actor Ezra Miller is expected to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of trespassing in Vermont after being accused of stealing several bottles of alcohol from someone’s home.

Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, allegedly stole the bottles just before 5 p.m. May 1 from a home in Stamford, police announced in August. They were later charged with trespassing, two counts of burglary in an unoccupied dwelling, and petty theft.

A Vermont Superior Court clerk confirmed to NBC News Wednesday that the parties have reached an agreement to drop the burglary and theft charges.

Miller is expected to plead guilty at a hearing Friday in Bennington County Superior Criminal Court.

Court documents show that prosecutors propose that Miller face between 89 and 90 days of probation, as well as one year of probation and a $500 fine.

The maximum sentence for the robbery charge would have been 25 years in prison, according to the charging document.

Miller’s representative did not immediately respond to the comment.

Miller, best known for his role as «The Flash» in the DC Comics film franchise, has been embroiled in a series of criminal cases in recent years.

They pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge and paid a $500 fine in Hilo, Hawaii, last year after yelling obscenities at customers while singing karaoke and snatching a 23-year-old woman’s microphone.

In another case from Hawaii, Miller allegedly threw a chair at a 26-year-old woman during a private meeting in Pāhoa. The outcome of that incident is not immediately clear.

A Massachusetts mother received a temporary protection order against Miller in June. The order, which was sought on behalf of the woman’s 12-year-old son, was granted after the judge determined that the boy faced «a substantial likelihood of immediate danger of harassment.»

Miller issued a public apology for their actions in August, saying they were committed to returning to «a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.»

“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering from complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller, 29, said in a statement through her spokesperson.

Despite an online campaign to remove Miller from the DC Comics franchise, «The Flash» is expected to be released in June.

Actor, writer and producer Issa Rae criticized the industry for its reaction to Miller. The «Insecure» star called the situation a «microcosm of Hollywood» during an interview with Elle magazine in October.

«There’s this person who’s a repeat offender, who’s been behaving egregiously, and instead of shutting them down and shutting down the production, there’s an effort to save the movie and them,» Rae said. «That’s a clear example of the lengths to which Hollywood will go to save itself and protect criminals.»

You may also like...